As you may know, grooming and maintenance of the Silver Crest Trails is accomplished through a combination of donated funds from our trail users & supporters, and from a recreational trails grant administered through the Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife & Parks. Each year we reapply for the grant, and a critical part of the application (and receiving funding) is providing letters of support from our trail users.
Please, if you can take a few minutes, send us your letter of support. It need not be long or wordy – just a short paragraph will do. Let us & the Recreational Trails Grant committee know just how the Silver Crest Trails are important to you, and why we need to keep them funded.
You may send your letter either by postal mail or email to:
Silver Crest Trails Association – 665 Wilson Butte Road, Great Falls, MT 59405 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your letter by Feb 15, 2015.
Ideas for content that might apply to you:
You are a…
- skate skier or classic skier who finds this to be the closest groomed Nordic skiing to Great Falls or White Sulphur Springs.
- snowshoe enthusiast who enjoys the signed, marked, scenic trails.
- family who enjoys bringing kids to Silver Crest to teach them how to xc ski, snowshoe and generally enjoy the winter outdoors.
- new trail user this year.
- tried-and-true trail user for many years.
- Prior Snow Fest or Winter Trails Day attendee who had an enjoyable experience.
- Nordic skier or snowshoer who enjoys recreating at Silver Crest while other members of the family downhill ski at Showdown or snowmobile on the area trails.
- Winter recreationalist who enjoys the fact that so many opportunities exist at Kings Hill: Silver Crest Trails, Kings Hill Cabin, Showdown Ski Area, 200+ miles of groomed snowmobile trails, other nearby xc ski, snowshoe, and backcountry ski opportunities, all along a scenic byway.
- Resident of another town, state or country who enjoys stopping at Silver Crest to recreate.
- … or any other aspects of the Silver Crest Trails that are important to you.
Thank you for your support! See you on the trails.